Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Hi,
What is very clear is that the train companies like to make it very ambiguous as to whether they will prosecute you or sue you for fare evasion.
'I now earnestly encourage you to make the settlement payment demanded of you, or in the alternative consult a solicitor, as doing neither is...
Hi,
Furthermore as I understand it if there is an attempt to prosecute under the by-laws this will be an unrecorded offence, and therefore will not give me a criminal record. And if it is a prosecution under by-law 18 then only a fine can be imposed.
TheJustice
Hi,
Firstly, thank you all for your responses. I will address all of the points Island has raised in his/her response, that way I then believe I will have summarised and answered all the key points relating to my particular scenario.
My journey was paid for plus an extra 30p when the...
Hi,
It appears that much of the information I am receiving is angled in favour of the train companies. I have never wanted to not pay for anything and if the system worked better I would not be in this situation. All of the analogies about Tesco and the like do not help explain my situation...
Hi,
Much has been said about the criminal consequences of not paying a rail penalty notice. It seems that a successful prosecution would be unlikely. There is nothing in the Railways Act 1993 and the Penalty Fares Regulations 1994 establishing an offence and in fact the latter expressly states...
Hi Mike,
The thing is I mentioned this in my appeal as I did to the inspectors on the day this happened and the response is simply that 'Oyster' is nothing to do with Greater Anglia trains. They are perfectly happy for you to spend money on their network using Oyster but when Oyster goes...
Hi there,
I'm a new user and I will try and keep this concise. Due to an Oyster card error I did not have £1.70 for my train journey and a Greater Anglia inspectors fined me £20. I had to pay £2 of it there and then. I tried explaining that I shouldn't be fined because Transport for London...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.