• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by steadman0

  1. S

    Court fine and collection order

    Hi all, so I thought I would update this thread with an outcome incase anyone comes across this while browsing the forum. I was supposed to have my statutory declaration last Friday but after attending I was told that I would have to come back today because there was a long case going on in...
  2. S

    Court fine and collection order

    I have no idea, seems like she wasn't too sure herself. As she said to me "I don't know how this works that much, I just answer the phones" there was also no one else that I could talk to apparently. I guess I just wait for the paperwork and go from there.
  3. S

    Court fine and collection order

    Well I wasn't too sure myself with it being that far away. But I was on hold or about 20 minutes because she didn't know what form it was she had to fill out so I am hoping she has filled the correct form out. Towards the end of the call she said that before she processes it she is going to...
  4. S

    Court fine and collection order

    Just an update on this. I have phoned the court and was told that I wasn't due to attend the hearing anyway but I should have been sent a form so I could plead guilty or not guilty via post before the case. I have a date to go to the court and complete a statutory declaration but the closest...
  5. S

    Court fine and collection order

    I wasn't aware it was card only at the time. I had never used that ticket machine before because my normal commute is from Aylesford and then on the way home I go from Maidstone to East Malling. So all I knew was that they had changed the permit machine to a self service ticket machine. I may...
  6. S

    Court fine and collection order

    Yes it is a PF station, I have no arguments with that. As I have said they no longer have a PERTIS machine but I do understand what you are saying but I don't see how I can be penalised for only having cash on me and no card.
  7. S

    Court fine and collection order

    East Malling.
  8. S

    Court fine and collection order

    There used to be a PERTIS machine a couple of years ago but they took that out because kids/vandals kept trying to break into it. They replaced it with a self service terminal but it does not accept cash, only card. I only had cash on me as I was on my way to my bank to collect my new card which...
  9. S

    Court fine and collection order

    No it says on the letter that the offence was "board a train in non compulsory ticket area without a valid ticket"
  10. S

    Court fine and collection order

    So I have to declare this at the court and not via letter? As I have said in my last post, the court that the letter came from is 3 hours away on a good day.
  11. S

    Court fine and collection order

    Thanks for your reply. I assumed that at the very least they would require a signature, if not be hand delivered. The problem is where I live there is an upstairs and downstairs flat and upstairs let their dog roam the front garden all day so the postman refuses to enter the garden which means I...
  12. S

    Court fine and collection order

    Hi all, I am looking for some help/advice. So I need some advice regarding a penalty fair that I was issued for being unable to provide a train ticket when requested. The station that I got on the train at is not manned and does not have a ticket machine that accepts cash so I was unable to...

Top