• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by srs_business

  1. S

    Commuting from St Albans to Paddington - cheapest ticket combo?

    Happy to consider St. Albans Abbey but that comes out as £3856 for zones 1-6, unless there is another route?
  2. S

    Commuting from St Albans to Paddington - cheapest ticket combo?

    Would be interested to hear more info on that, but I don't have access to PM as I'm a new member. Is there another way you can send me the information?
  3. S

    Commuting from St Albans to Paddington - cheapest ticket combo?

    I see, but Paddington won't count as London Thameslink?
  4. S

    Commuting from St Albans to Paddington - cheapest ticket combo?

    Thanks for the suggestions, will have a look into the buses. Is the general consensus there isn't really any way to do it cheaper via train then? I was also wondering if anyone knows why there isn't an option to buy a season ticket from St Albans to London Terminals? I'd imagine if this were...
  5. S

    Commuting from St Albans to Paddington - cheapest ticket combo?

    Good point hadn't thought of that. Would it be quicker than going from West Hampstead Underground to Greenwich via the Jubliee then onto the Bakerloo from there? Also am I correct in thinking the Zone 2-6 ticket isn't valid on routes going through St Pancras?
  6. S

    Commuting from St Albans to Paddington - cheapest ticket combo?

    Morning, I'm shortly starting a new job and will be required to do the above commute. I was initially planning on buying an annual season ticket, but the £3908 charge for St Albans to London Zones 1-6 seems very expensive. I've been playing with the calculator this morning and the best I...

Top