• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by SPT334man

  1. S

    Class 334 Whining Traction Motors

    Do you think I should speak to a 334 driver about this and find out?
  2. S

    Class 334 Whining Traction Motors

    That's gonna be hard in the spare time that I've got, which is....well, not a lot. Oh, also how can I tell that a 334 is going to whine before the train even departs the station?
  3. S

    Class 334 Whining Traction Motors

    Oh, they may be possible solutions to the noise. The inverters or the traction motor coolers. Thanks for your comments, but there's something else that needs answering. "Now, I want to know what units from 334001-334040 that you've all heard scream." Also, no-one has ever taken a Class 334...
  4. S

    Class 334 Whining Traction Motors

    No, 323's aren't Juniper units like the 334's.
  5. S

    Class 334 Whining Traction Motors

    Well, I was on 334's quite a lot between Hillington East and Glasgow Central before the 380's took over. I heard 334027 whine between those two stations, but 334029 was quiet, apart from a silent hum. They weren't being driven any differently. Both accelerated quite quickly out of Hillington...
  6. S

    Class 334 Whining Traction Motors

    Hi All Now, for all people that have been on Class 334's, you may have heard that they make a strange whining noise departing stations and arriving at stations. Now, I want to know what units from 334001-334040 that you've all heard scream. I'd also like to know what causes them to...

Top