• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by richscylla

  1. R

    South West Operation - Late 90s HELP PLEASE.

    Hi all, I'm a huge fan of HSTs so I'm creating a model railway layout that is going to be set from 1996-1999, that period where privatisation was taking hold and Intercity alongside privatised liveries were often to run together. It will be set in a fictional location, somewhere South of...
  2. R

    Increased risk travelling North or South?

    Thanks Yorkie, reading these links is exactly what was interested in.
  3. R

    Increased risk travelling North or South?

    Maybe I shouldn't have made it such a safety based question, I'm not actually nervous about the incident. Just wondered if there were any differences or differing factors having a power car a few hundred meters behind the driver. For example weighting in DVTs which I didn't know about.
  4. R

    Increased risk travelling North or South?

    I'm just interested if it makes a difference. Surely there is quite a difference when it comes to the physics of a situation.
  5. R

    Increased risk travelling North or South?

    If I am on a train travelling from Leeds to London with a 91 supplying the power is there more risk of of a bigger accident that if travelling North? What I'm really asking is, is there any significant increase in risk in the unlikely event of an accident if the power car is pushing rather...

Top