• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Reedyy99

  1. R

    Revenue protection - too strict?

    As someone VERY recently involved in this, and getting a lucky break meaning I won't have a criminal record, the whole process of this has completely opened my eyes to why the train companies do this. I for one will never even think about doing something like that again, and have learnt a very...
  2. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    I feel incredibly lucky, and as-well as that grateful to all the people who have assisted me not only on the forum but on the actual day! I will never forget how badly this could've gone if it wasn't for a kind prosecutor or judge, thanks for the kind words mate :)
  3. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Think he's rather implying on how strict Arriva are being with the process they take when attempting to prosecute someone. The prosecutor I had stated that he works under TIL (for many years) representing alot of the train companies and Arriva is the strictest by far. Just an FYI to everyone...
  4. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Full Update: With the advice of the forum and my university solicitor I met with the prosecution at around 9.30am, where he met with me and basically gave me advice on what it's like inside of the court room, how to keep calm and stuff. When I asked if there was ANY way of solving this out of...
  5. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Hi everyone, It comes with a great smile that I attended court today and the judge conditionally discharged it, with a total fee of £128 (less than it would've been in an out-of-court settlement). I'll provide more information for those who find themselves in my situation later when I return...
  6. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Thanks for the good luck everyone, I will let you know what happens on Friday morning with the prosecution and if not good news then i'll let you know after the case is heard.
  7. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    My older brother is a police officer, and as he understands the outcome could be where a caution is given? Not quite sure on it but either way my aim is to receive the lowest amount of punishment possible this far in, got to have a little hope at this stage honestly.
  8. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Ok that makes sense in honesty, I will try to keep it short and sweet but still hopefully impacting.
  9. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Yes I saw this post, and I was aware that it will not completely block me from my career aspirations but at the same time it puts me a foot behind any other normal person from the start, which is what I am trying to say, it sucks basically.
  10. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Thanks alot for all this info, very in-depth and will help on the day! For anyone to answer, will it be seen as bad/disrespectful in my favour if I have a sheet of paper to read from when I am addressing the magistrates? I understand you said I will have the opportunity to put forward my...
  11. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Apologies for the confusion everyone, in the term court costs I mean their admin fees or however they mean to name the costs in relation to prosecuting me so far essentially.
  12. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Thanks for the advice and the good luck, hope everyone on here knows how much it means to me at this stage!!
  13. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Thanks for the advice, I haven't got a suit to my disposal but I will hopefully still fit my sixth form uniform so trousers, a white shirt and black tie with a black jumper will have to do? I will have no problem not appearing like an officer's brat trust me, I am as far from it as I can go, he...
  14. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    I think this is the relevant charge?: Section 5(3)(a) of The Regulation of Railways Act (1889) Travelling with intent to avoid payment Unless i'm wrong I believe even as a civil case if you are awarded this fine it counts as a 1 year criminal record, that you don't have to declare after 1 year...
  15. R

    Arriva Trains Wales Fare Dodging Prosecution

    Correct, I wish there was ever an offer, at this stage id be willing to pay up to a grand in fear of the criminal record to follow.

Top