• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by qwerty173

  1. Q

    Thameslink Persecution!?!

    When someone thinks they have purchased the correct ticket then are told that they have to pay and extra £38 without explanation some shock is understandable. Its not the near equivalent as my language was not directed at anyone. Swearing alone is not offensive, it is only offensive when...
  2. Q

    Thameslink Persecution!?!

    Thanks for the responses. I however feel i have nothing to apologise for. I didnt try to skip the fare, i offered to pay. A swear word doesnt justify court action. The woman didnt say she was being abused so i see no grounds for it to be more than the penalty fare.
  3. Q

    Thameslink Persecution!?!

    Yeah she said that was how much it would be since she scrolled on an ipad for prices. There was no cash point that i could see beside her so when I said do i pay now i wasnt given an answer then the officer person appeared asking for information
  4. Q

    Thameslink Persecution!?!

    I offered to pay the penalty fare then and there. I had my bank card in my hand but he said thats not how it works or something. So im not sure if its just a bill that will be sent to my address which is why he took it. My concern is if they will try and pursue verbal abuse or something...
  5. Q

    Thameslink Persecution!?!

    Today I got the train from Luton into London. I bought my tickets in advance and printed them off before my journey. I used my 16-25 card and had it on my possession during the journey. At Luton i insert my ticket into the machine and the gate opens. I then board the train. I get off at London...

Top