• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by QWERTY1

  1. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Thought I’d provide a conclusion to this post. I received a reply from the appeals service saying that my appeal had been approved and the matter was now closed.
  2. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Thanks for all of this, much appreciated. I meant to mention this to you actually. Leamington now has a large PF notice upon entrance to the station and several on the way to the platforms.
  3. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    What an absolute mindfield. Thanks for the all the info. Just a couple more questions if I could. Let’s just say you have interpreted this correctly would they be barred from prosecuting for any offence say bylaws or fare evasion. And would the appeals service asking for further info cause a...
  4. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Is it possible to find this sort of information out?
  5. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Sorry this has confused me a little bit! I submitted my appeal on the 25th October and received a request for more information the other day. With the amount of hassle it’s caused I’d have been better off just paying on the day and be done with it!
  6. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    I see. So is there precedent for an appeal to be successful yet still face prosecution should the ToC not be happy with the outcome? Also out of interest who pays for the appeals process?
  7. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    But surely If there is something fundamentally wrong with the the PF given then they should spot it. And no they haven’t, is that possible?
  8. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Haha very true although I would have thought that part of process within the appeals place would be to check the amount was correct first before processing. If anything I have learnt an awful lot about the legal system with regards to railways, genuinely very interesting
  9. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Thought I’d provide an update. I heard back from the appeals people after what seemed an eternity. They said for a “ full investigation” they need to see the downloaded ticket which is difficult considering the nature of the problem! Anyway, I didn’t mention in my first appeal about how the...
  10. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Well I haven’t paid so there’s nothing to refund I mean if the appeals people genuinely look into in some detail then they’ll see the amount is incorrect and if they aren’t able to alter amounts due it would suggest it will have to be cancelled
  11. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Sorry I’m a little bit confused. Does that mean even if the speak is unsuccessful I would have to pay £138 even though it’s the wrong charge, simply because that’s what was written down.
  12. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    It has been very interesting though. I just don’t see Yeah you’re right I’d argue that I shouldn’t have been charged at all. The point about being charged the wrong amount is more a point of interest. I don’t know how this will impact the decision. I would say at minimum the fare should be...
  13. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Yes thank you! Appreciate all the input. Never knew what a mindfield train law was
  14. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    Ah so it would appear I was over charged, the plot thickens
  15. Q

    Pentaly Fare App Malfunction

    I would have got in at 12:46

Top