• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Quorn Chris

  1. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    If a PTT hasn't been exchanged for a ticket the railway still wins, as the customer is still out of pocket.....
  2. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    The numbers on the PTT only relate to how many have been sold from that particular machine and as far as I'm aware they're not used for accounting purposes. Money taken in the Pertis machine should tally with PTT 's collected, and if there's more in the Pertis, then it's all profit....
  3. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    Sponson also has an infrequent service, morning and evening trains only, but its still a PF station. I suppose most people old have the sense to check the timetable first at such stations before making a wasted journey to catch a train that doesn't exist.
  4. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    Well he refused to pay again, and its not enough time to mess around with an UPFN, so 'off' is the only course of action! And off he went!
  5. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    He claimed he bought the PTT on his way to work the previous morning, which was supported by the time printed on it, he refused to pay so I chucked him off at Beeston, the stop previous to Attenborough. I have it on good authority that its a pleasant walk ;-)
  6. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    It would mostly be the train guard's discretion, and as I'm not in the habit of creating confrontation and irritating my customers I would generally go with issuing them a ticket and taking the PTT as a part payment, unless you're like the man on my train a few months back who had a PTT from...
  7. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    If they boarded the train before the two hours then the PTT is still valid. --- old post above --- --- new post below --- Before the two hours is up I meant...
  8. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    I'm reasonably certain it also explains that on the actual Pertis machine as well.
  9. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    Get to see what?
  10. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    It says quite clearly on every PTT issued 'valid for two hours from time shown'
  11. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    Yes it is unfair. It's an unfair world PTT is only valid for two hours, if its not exchanged in part payment for a ticket within the two hours then it becomes worthless. If the guard can't sell the PTT holder a ticket then that person would be expected to buy themselves a ticket using the PTT at...
  12. Q

    Accounting for Permits to Travel.

    Hi, I'm a Senior Conductor with EMT, PTT machines are installed at Syston, Sileby, Barrow Upon Soar, Attenborough, Spondon and Duffield. A permit to travel is is valid for two hours from the time of issue, after which it becomes worthless if not used in part payment for a ticket within the two...

Top