Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Thanks for sharing that. My fingers are firmly crossed that this is what happens for me and i’m grateful that you let me know about your experience. Will let you know how I get on. Cheers.
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I’m very worried that I’m in deep because I was dishonest with the inspector. Basically a meltdown of a morning for me, first the offence then digging a hole with a dishonest account, all of which I deeply regret now. The inspector at the time seemed...
Just to be clear, there is a barrier that is manned sometimes and other times swings open and often on this gate if in a hurry, the person on it will let you buy at the other end.
Hi and thanks for responding
Indeed I did tell a porky, sorry if I wasn’t clear on that above. I won’t go into the reasons for deciding not to buy the correct ticket, safe to say it was completely stupid on my part. Ultimately I bought a ticket for a shorter journey and then in a moment of...
Thanks @Hadders and also thanks @Haywain and @Stigy
Is it a matter of waiting now to receive their correspondence or might it help my cause to contact them by letter in advance to apologising and offering the above? Cheers all, your generosity in replying really helps.
Thanks for the insight. Is it appropriate to apologise and acknowledge travelling without the ticket in hand and not to explain your actions? For example (in simplified form):
“I’m very sorry for my stupidity in travelling without the correct ticket. I assure you this will never happen again.”...
Thank you so much for your advice on this, I really appreciate you taking the time.
In terms of a settlement offer, is that likely to be in their first correspondence? And when apologising, is any acknowledgement of intent an admission of guilt that would be best avoided? Ie is it best to...
Hello
I was travelling on a C2C train without the correct ticket and caught when plain clothes inspectors made their presence known. I gave the reason that i was rushing through the barriers which are often open in a hurry and intending to buy at the destination station... in truth on this day...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.