Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Hi there, I wasn't referring to getting my own DBS check, I was referring to the quick online check on the gov website which gives you an indication of the types of jobs which require a standard or enhanced check. I understand the only check you are able to get hold of yourselves is a basic check.
Hi there,
Thank you for this, I will do some digging and ask some people I trust in my industry about whether it would need to be reported at all, for example if I do work on a Children’s programme etc.
Thanks to everyone for their advice!
No worries at all!
Hi there, yes I have checked that DBS check and my role does not fall under any of that, but would anyone be able to clear up whether my conviction is spent after 1 year or 5 years?
Many thanks,
Zain
Hello both,
Yes it was a fine under Section 5.3(A) Of The Regulation Of Railways Act 1889.
So as it was Jan last year, it would now be consider spent and I wouldn't need to report to any future employers unless asked? Or is it five years? Any clarification on this would be amazing!
Many thanks
Yes it was under that section and yes it was a fine.
Ok brilliant thank you, is there anywhere online I can read a bit more into this? Would like some advise on travelling abroad, best way to tell employers etc?
Hi there,
Was wondering if I could ask for some advice, I was prosecuted for a 53a over a year ago and am currently leaving a staff job in the media industry to go in to the freelance world. I wanted to ask what the procedure was when apply for new work, as it's been over a year do I still have...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.