• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by pingle99

  1. P

    Paddington ticket machines

    Now that I know that it's better to book online first, I will do so, but it certainly is not easier: old method - walk up to machine, choose destination and ticket, pay with cash or card, done new method - login to laptop, navigate to GWR website, sign in (or sign up for the first time)...
  2. P

    Paddington ticket machines

    Paddington has "improved" the ticket machines by having half of them only for collection of pre-ordered tickets. So you now have to go onto the Web, order your ticket at least some time (an hour?) in advance, then go to the station and queue again to collect it. And don't forget the code! It's...
  3. P

    FCC only Super Off Peak Day Travelcard

    I bought an "FCC Only" Gatwick Airport to London Zones 1-6 to travel to Clapham Junction. The only reason I bought this is that the so-called fast ticket machines at Gatwick have such non-working touch screens that I couldn't coax it into selling me a simple single ticket to Clapham Junction...

Top