• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by pierrejacques

  1. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    I am pleased to announce that I have won my appeal. I would like to thank everyone who helped me here. Btw. I informed my manager about the PF. Just as I expected, he didn't make a deal of it.
  2. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    That's fine. Thanks. I will steal £20 worth of milk and stationary from the office. (Only joking)
  3. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    Thanks for that however I work for a different TOC. I don't think GTR has a list of all staff of other companies.
  4. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    I asked a simple question: is first class declassified due to the overcrowding? And you know the response I received. As I said I have a travelcard so nobody would ever know I actually work for a TOC.
  5. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    Thabks for all your advice so far. As far as I'm concerned I had permission to travel there therefore I'm considering to appeal. Can somebody please comment on the aspect that I wasnt actually in the first class area when I got approached?
  6. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    13:46 East Croydon - London Bridge - Welwyn Garden City First carriage No notice on the platform but I believe there is one at the station. I will check it. Is there any specification the notice at the station needs to comply with? (E.g. branded by the TOC, size, location, etc.) The PF was for a...
  7. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    He didn't take the number of my staff pass and I checked this with him that he wouldnt record it anywhere. He didn't either take any of my details only a card payment. I also have a zones 1-6 travelcard so if I appeal and they ask for my ticket I can supply that travelcard.
  8. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    I have a description of that person from the platform. Yes, I had a valid staff pass and I presented it. I told him I was given permission. What's your view on the second aspect that I actually wasn't in the first class area when he approached me?
  9. P

    GTR penalty fare for sitting in first class

    Hello everyone, I need a bit of an advice please. Long story short: East Croydon - London Bridge Thameslink service Severe disruption out of West Croydon due to signal failure at New Cross Gate. Ticket acceptance is in place. Crystal Palace plays a game this afternoon. As a result of these...

Top