Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Up date as promised.....
I sent an email to Arriva North on Monday and I am happy to confirm that an out of court settlement has been agreed and paid today. No further action will be taken. Lesson learnt!
I have sent an email to Arriva Northern prosecutions team.
I have apologised, assured them it is not something that will happen again, stressed the fact it is my first transport incident and that I have a clear criminal record. I have also explained the implications of gaining a criminal...
Very much hoping for a pre court settlement and am I prepared to pay any costs to avoid having a criminal record. Would a letter or email to Arriva Prosecution be the best way to go?
Sorry I don't think I have explained properly. When I say details were checked via telephone I mean they called through to head office (or something similar) to check details. This was done was I was still stood at the station with the officer. Once confirmed they didn't add up I gave him my...
Hi
I originally provided false details then, once they were checked via telephone I immediately gave correct details to the officer, this is how they were able to contact me for my version of events.
Any advice on the best action to take to improve my chances of obtaining an out of court settlement? Do you have knowledge if Arriva North are easy to deal with? Have read other posts about some companies bring easier to settle with than otheres
That what I would want to avoid at all costs if possible.
Once summons has been sent would you say is it too late to settle out of court? Or possibly still an option?
Hi
Thank you for your reply.
The summon refers to byelaw 18 (1) and 24 in relation to the travel without ticket offence.
The false information offence refers to S.5(3)(c) of the regulation of Railways Act.
Would these both be non recordable offences?
In regards to supplying the false...
Really in need of help and advice....
Traveling to Manchester Victoria , I intended to purchase ticket from on board conductor. I don't travel via train very often and this is how I had always purchased ticket. I now understand the rules of purchasing before travel but at the time I was not...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.