Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Thanks for all that, will bear it in mind if it happens again. Which it won't hopefully.
Don't think I'll appeal this one. There are only so many unfair penalties, jobsworths, dodgy parking tickets etc. one has the energy to deal with in any space of time. I'll keep my powder dry for something...
Persisting with the phone numbers paid off eventually. A very pleasant woman answered and took my payment. But there's no automated answering system if nobody answers.
Altogether a bad experience from the point of view of customer service.
Well I've tried both the payment and the website problem phone numbers again. Both just ring interminably. There's no chat line, no email address. They seem almost impossible to contact in this electronic age.
If you're going to issue fines, why not make them easy to pay?
My son picked up a £20 fine last week. I'm not going to waste a lot of time trying to appeal. I'm trying to pay it through 'Iris' on www.penaltyfares.co.uk but the system doesn't recognise the notice number.
I've tried paying by phone but the number given doesn't ring. I've tried phoning the...