• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Ozziedog

  1. O

    Lumo (East Coast Trains) Class 803 Updates/Discussion

    Does anyone know if these seats are at a table B31 and 32 and B35 and 36 in the 803 train? The reason that this is important is that we are travelling with our dog (Labrador) and wish to avoid hassle for us and others, so table seats would not be good for us. I have sent Lumo a message but I...
  2. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    I should probably have posted this a bit earlier to get a response in time, but I'll be on the 1 pm from Kings Cross to Newcastle tomorrow (Thursday 18th) does anyone know what will be available to eat and/or drink? Ditto my return trip at 10 am on Monday 22nd.
  3. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    That is very useful, thanks.
  4. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Chrism20 previously mentioned that the trains tend to be less packed going North on Mondays and travelling South on Fridays, is there also particular times of day when the trains (and first class in particular) tend to be less full.
  5. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Thanks that is just what I need, although my next visit will be in the winter, at least the summer schedule will be a guide, I don't suppose you know when the winter schedule is published do you? Proof that they do change the schedule is demonstrated by the fact that I was on an electric train...
  6. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Those are the seats that I mentioned above 29 and 31. I just rang Virgin and they said they didn't know when the trains were electric and diesel, but they are usually the same (so somebody somewhere must know). It is important because the diesel trains don't offer that wider aisle that seats 29...
  7. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Ozzie (my Lab) is very quiet. In fact, there was one time when I was travelling back to London, and I had an argument with a fellow passenger who wouldn't shut up about it being a quiet carriage and dogs should not be allowed. Ozzie never made one single noise the whole time, so I said to him...
  8. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Thanks, that is useful to know, my dog comes first (its all about him, not me) so I could travel on a day that works for him, so going up to Newcastle on Mondays and coming back Fridays might become my plan. He is a Labrador, so medium size. I tend to get the 1.30 pm train going North from Kings...
  9. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Thanks, its OK well behaved dogs are allowed in the lounges, I wouldn't want him sitting under tables, I specifically want him alongside me to seats 27, 29, 31 or 33. I just hope that it doesn't prove too difficult with trolleys passing, after looking at the seating plan again seats 29 and 31...
  10. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Thanks, I've seen the seating plan and photos online, the seats I want to book are (and others like them) K27, 29, 31 and 33. Although if as you say the trolleys keep coming past it might not work out. He can't really sit under the table because I am not travelling with anyone, unless of course...
  11. O

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Hi everyone, Newbie here, I've just signed up. I usually travel up to my parents a few times a year with my dog travelling from Kings Cross (after getting the train and tube from Dorking) to Newcastle. It is much more relaxed than driving up there. I do however encounter issues with my dog, he...

Top