• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by oldagefanclub

  1. O

    Newbie on board

    Can anyone beat 32 months from application to start date?
  2. O

    Scotrail trainee drivers

    Glasgow https://firstgroup.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=2649 Edinburgh https://firstgroup.hua.hrsmart.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=2653
  3. O

    Trainee driver manager interview

    Visit your nearest depot and explain that you are going for interview and need some help, they will be great with you. Learn what routes are run from the depot you are interviewing for, do some research on the company (name of the chief exec./ turnover/ how many stations they run etc.) They will...
  4. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Cheers hiall, looking forward to getting my nose stuck in the 'rule book'.
  5. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Cheers sheriff fatman :wink:
  6. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    You should not doubt that I will be totally professional in my approach to my job, as I was in my last job and as I was in my research, exams and application of my new job. I will also be 100% commited to my new employer and profession and will strive to be the best at what I do...
  7. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    If you would love to be a driver what is stopping you? Is it that you can't quite make the grade? Where else should I look for £35k per year for a 35 hour week? Sorry I don't share your obsession with trains but, hey ho! each to their own. Where do you get off telling people what they...
  8. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Cheers hiall for the reassurance. Lengthman, look forward to meeting you on the 25th.
  9. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Cheers Gazza, I can only asume they are waiting on references then. Maybe give it to the start of next week and drop Sandra an e-mail.
  10. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    I'm starting to panic again. Why have they not given me a start date :shock:
  11. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Hi Lengthman, No, the last thing I received was the conditional offer. I know the medical went fine and that the references have been sent out. How up to date is your info? the last contact I had was 15th March when there was still no confirmed start date. I thought the date you have...
  12. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Dont assume that everyone who decides to drive trains for a living are train enthusiasts. I know I'm not in the least bit interested in trains, ,my motivation is the salary and benefits.
  13. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Good man, passed my medical today.
  14. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Central/Corkerhill/Shields
  15. O

    Scotrail Trainee Driver Test

    Got the call :D As long as all goes well with the medical and references I'm in. Course starts end of April/beginning of May.

Top