• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by no commute yet

  1. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    The 2008 Railway Consultants report gave a BCR of 5:1. There’s no reason to think it will be less now. I can’t wait to see the figure the new consultants come to once they’ve had chance to factor in all the things the previous consultants took in to account
  2. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    The campaign group has updated their twitter and Facebook accounts. Some interesting docs available and SOBC being completed later this year
  3. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    Everyone knows the problem with paths which is why, in addition to the report generally, WSP were asked to look at what service could start asap and prior to those paths being available. They’ve identified one that will do for now - it’s an interesting one but definitely works. The economic...
  4. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    It’s like a Kafka novel this isn’t it? Every time there’s progress people post notes of doom hinting at it never happening. What’s the matter with everyone? Don’t forget, a couple of years ago there were still people who didn’t think this line was still there! This project is happening and...
  5. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    Hi, I don’t know, I’m just delighted millions of pounds worth of publicly funded infrastructure is going to get properly used again. I don’t think the initial service pattern includes Grenbank. I think they’re looking at via Northwich, Middlewich, Sandbach and then not necessarily via Crewe but...
  6. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    They all read this forum so the challenge is on!
  7. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    I’m delighted to tell you the SOBC funding is already in place (blows playful raspberry) Let’s not forget: ‘this is one of two projects in the North I want to seriously look at reopening.’ I don’t understand how there’s any negativity about this tiny project now, it’s clearly happening
  8. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    Consultants agree the business case is proved and next up is a SOBC by the end of summer. No commute yet but not far off now! Very excited to see how quickly this tiny, simple, cheap project can get through the pipeline. Hopefully the rail industry can show how quickly it can complete a little...
  9. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    Hi, since 2009 this project has had a BCR of 5:1 - just for Middlewich, when 2tph between Chester and Manchester weren't even available to consider. Now this project includes the 100h business park adjacent to the line near Northwich called Gadbrook Park. When the updated report comes out in a...
  10. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    I think maybe the funding of projects is something known only to a handful of intergalactic beings? I’m going to assume the answer is 42 and hope the consultants don’t need challenge or help from locals! If anyone does know the actual answer I’m fascinated to know it
  11. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    Hi all, can anyone help me understand how funding works? If, for example, new station funding pays for the stations to be built and the accessibility fund pays for the required changes to Northwich I'm confused about the next bit; I've heard the local transport authority has to underwrite any...
  12. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    Message received and understood Chief. Thank you
  13. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    Hi ChiefPlanner, I don’t know if anyone has applied but it’s another option to explore. Hi all, you may be interested to know the consultants have been appointed and are now preparing a ‘long list’ of options- presumably considering issues like the platforms at Northwich.
  14. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    Hi all, not long left to respond to the LEP transport strategy consultation- it ends on the 6th of Aug http://www.871candwep.co.uk/resources/draft-transport-strategy/
  15. N

    Campaign to restore passenger services on the Middlewich Link Line

    The business case made all the relevant points but the highlights for this discussion would be: 70% of the Middlewich population works 70% of those workers commute out (that'll be by car because the buses aren't great and don't go to...Manchester for example.) Middlewich has no 6th form or...

Top