Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
The only bus older than the 57reg'd Geminis is Volvo B7RLE Eclipse 69253 YJ07WFV which is in regular use on service 20 at Weston-super-Mare , still in Barbie livery.
There are photos of the first two unregistered Streetdecks in Badgerline 3 livery without vinyls on the First Bus West of England Enthusiast page on Facebook.
It would appear that 47552/3 will be the only buses in Excel livery to survive the arrival of the new Streetdecks , so they are being repainted in Badgerline livery and sent to Weston in exchange for the red fronted pair 47661/2. Can anyone confirm that the Streetdecks will all be in Badgerline...
North Somerset Services 56 / 991 /992 appeared in Notices and Proceedings on 29th April 2021 , although they appear to have started well before this. They were in the name of the Council not Weston and District Community Transport.
Travelling around the Wills / Hartcliffe roundabout at around 12.30 today I passed 66935 WX55UAB operating on service 93. I thought that these 2005 B7RLEs had all been withdrawn , and the tracker shows that this was its first outing since 18th June .
I was not seriously suggesting that the Eclipses would be used, but options are limited unless something is drafted in from elsewhere. The gas buses were obtained with Government funding applied for by South Gloucestershire, so they should not really be available for the 349.
It will not be a problem soon. I read in the local paper a few weeks ago that North Somerset and West of England Combined Authority are going to provide a fabulous new integrated transport and bus service for the area along the lines of Transport for London!
On Sunday the Bristol Temple Meads to Weston-super-Mare stopping services were provided mainly by Bristol Community Transport with Enviro 200s. Yatton station had clear signs showing where the buses should stop, but no-one seems to have told the drivers, some of whom went to the wrong platform...
North Somerset Services 56 / 991 /992 only appeared in Notices and Proceedings on 29th April 2021 , although they appear to have started on 12th April.
Hopefully timekeeping might improve on the 53/54/55 with the revised timetable ? 15 minutes late was often the norm.
Thanks to you Andy I have been able to track down service 56 this morning , although I was waiting at the wrong bus stop. Still run with a Citroen.
https://flic.kr/p/2kVj1d4
As I learned at my last speed awareness course the speed limits for HGVs were increased from 6th April 2015 to 50mph on a single carriageway road and to 60 mph on a dual carriageway.
I have only seen 1352/3 which BusListsOnTheWeb has recorded as 1353/4 in error. I have posted photos on flickr.
https://flic.kr/p/2kQ9gCG
https://flic.kr/p/2kGYkvQ
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.