Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I once had a carriage full of EDL on one of my trains. There were BTP and civvy police on the platform where they got on; when I walked through the train, one of them showed me his ticket (they all had valid tickets) and asked me if the police had said anything, like 'keep an eye on that lot...
I followed the Captain on the 1507, 1607, and 1707 (after which 150001 was taken off for a snooze in the depot), and yes, I copped a couple of moans! And one jovial chap who came out with "Oi, mate! Which museum did you get this out of, eh?"
No they haven't, Rich. It's dispatch from the rear; the intermediate panels are not enabled, and there is some confusion as to whether they ever will be. We'll see.... (nice paint job, though).
Three trips today - good to get started on 'em.
Absolutely correct.
Anyone going to the depot on foot needs to sign the route, so anyone untrained would need to be accompanied. Or there'll be taxis from the main station.
Sultan, p/m me if you're reading this.
The 180s are coming back, but they are going on the N. Cotswold line, to free up Turbos. Also, 150s will run Reading-Basingstoke, for the same reason. These changes are to take effect from May next year, so I am told.
The new CIS at Maidenhead is operational - and not, I may say, before time. I was last there last night on my way home from work; Telent (the contractors) have had a lot of overnight re-wiring to do, and it appears that all that's left to install is a screen in the ticket hall.
The...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.