Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
The steam boiler idea is also a very good one. Our steam excursion this May took us from Rocky River Ohio to Bellevue Ohio round trip. The stop in Bellevue included a couple of hours at the Mad River and NKP railroad museum. I noticed in photos there that some of the diesel locomotives in the...
I knew someone on this forum would know the answer. I checked with my older sister and she confirmed that it was summer of 1970, so my memory of this must be wrong. I blame it on jet lag and being only 11 years old. Oh well. Thank you for your response.
I live in the USA. When I was 11 years old my family went on holiday to the UK. We took a train from London to Glasgow. I remember at least part of the trip involving a steam locomotive. I recently became interested in steam locomotives after going on an excursion in Ohio that used a beautiful...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.