• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Newbie23

  1. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Kely stick with it! First time I applied the vacancy I was applying for got withdrawn i checked the online vacancies everyday for a whole year was just about to give up and by suprise there was a vacancy just before xmas! I feel very lucky to have achieved this and I wish the best for you to...
  2. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    9am on Monday! Worked my last shift yesterday feeling very surreal now
  3. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Congrats Mr Do! yes that's the same training course as me. See you there. Let the excitement commence :) yes it is very scary when you've been in a long career to leave and face the uncertainty of a new path but I am sure we will be fine going to give it my best
  4. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Well mines a conductor role not sure if it will be different for you but my uniform order forms was in my welcome pack! I'd ring HR if I was you just to check they did say any questions just ask no harm in asking!
  5. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    That's great thanks hun! What coats can I order for a conductor role it's says unisex anorak or Harrington jacket should I order just one or both? Which is best?
  6. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Pipsqueak have u signed a contract yet? --- old post above --- --- new post below --- Can anyone help please I'm filling in my priv card form and it says that it needs to be witnessed by a solicitor is this still the case even if I have no partner or children?
  7. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Congrats pipsqueak! Ive just found out ive passed my medical truly is a Happy new year and a new career to match
  8. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Yeah I can't believe it yet never thought I'd get this far after applying last year when the vacancy was withdrawn thought it would take forever but they said training starts 23rd feb so they want hurry it along.Really?! They did say within 7days which would only be on this weds coming. Email...
  9. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Yeah passed interview and assessment day recieved phone call offering me onto training course end of feb got my medical in afew days
  10. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Just before xmas when I applied
  11. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Mine was the wigan vacancy
  12. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Thanks great thank you very much for all your help so excited about my new career can't wait get into training :):D --- old post above --- --- new post below --- Just out of curiosity what roles do you guys do? How long have you been in the company? I must admit leaving my current job scares me...
  13. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    I'm not sure who my trainer is yet only start training end of feb got my medical this week! can anyone tell me when northern rail employees get paid too as I need to budget my last wage from my current employment until I receive my first pay from northern
  14. N

    Northern Rail- Wigan and man

    Hi guys and girls! I have just passed my interview and assessment day I recieved a phone call to offer me a postion of conductor and have my medical in afew days I am already employed and I'm abit concerned about my training will there be tests I need to pass within the training and if I fail...

Top