• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by NC2193

  1. N

    Is this fare evasion or providing false information?

    Adam_ if you could keep us updated with how you get on that would be appreciated. I am anticipating a letter from Northern Rail very soon so it would be good to understand how co-operative they are at settling out of court.
  2. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Thanks for the reply. I did contact Northern at the first opportunity to provide them with my current address, in the interest of co-operating and settling the matter as soon as possible. I am hoping that seeing as I gave a previous address, ie one where I could still obtain correspondence...
  3. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Thank you for the information. It was a provisional licence, although I’m not sure this makes a difference? I am hoping this is something Northern won’t try and prosecute? Do you think it’s worth speaking to a solicitor in advance of receiving any correspondence from Northern?
  4. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Also, do you think it’s worth registering my current address on the electoral register (I know I should do this anyway!). I have informed Northern that my current address should be used for correspondence. Do they perform checks on the addresses provided or just issue the initial letter to the...
  5. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Thanks for the reply. I was rushing for a train and didn’t have a ticket for that journey. When asked to show a ticket, in complete panic I displayed a ticket from a previous date (this was obviously not going to be accepted). I didn’t really say much as I was being questioned due to panic but...
  6. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Thank you najaB, your replies are greatly appreciated. I assume Northern have prosecuted first time offenders in the past? Is there any sort of offences which they take a greater stance against? As mentioned in the OP, I was drunk when I tried to board without a ticket. I appreciate this is...
  7. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Given I tried to travel without a ticket, and stupidly showed them an old one in panic, from what I can gather on here it is likely that they will try to proceed with prosecution? I appreciate I need to wait for the initial letter but I think it’s unlikely I will receive a fine straight away...
  8. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Thanks for the response. What is Northern’s approach to accepting out of court settlements? I appreciate it is probably case dependant but I was in the wrong and am worried there will now be no consideration at all?
  9. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Could anyone please offer guidance on how to approach the situation? I am incredibly worried about what might arise from this (ie prosecution and criminal record) which could seriously impact on my professional career. I am struggling to focus on daily tasks. What is the likelihood of...
  10. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Thanks for the suggestion. I moved from my previous address more than 6 months ago so I am unable to redirect it. Will changing the correspondence address on the phone give them the opportunity to prosecute for providing false details? It is really playing on my mind so just want to resolve...
  11. N

    Travelling with an incorrect ticket

    Hi I am hoping for advice on how to deal with a matter regarding travelling with an incorrect ticket which occurred yesterday. Yesterday, in a stupid drunk mistake (which I wholeheartedly now regret) I tried to complete a northern train journey with a ticket from a previous journey. The...

Top