Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Great thanks for the info!
So it seems that station staff is prob the safest option.
I was actually hoping to apply for the guards side of things as I would quite like to drive the trains.
do you know if these new 'flat pack' trains will have guards on them? I would hate o get 2 years down...
What kind of changes do you forsee happening within Mersyrail? I heard something about Oyster cards being introduced which Im thinking would probably lead to job losses etc? Perhaps not the best time to start working for them I guess!
I have heard that Merseyrail are planning to recruit for new guards at some point very soon. Don't suppose anyone knows anything about this? Like when or if the jobs will all go to internal applicants or do external people get an equal crack at it? I believe they're a good company to work for...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.