• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by mark edwards

  1. M

    What’s the the weirdest, niftiest and cutest train journey you’ve ridden on

    Loads how about any of the early morning postal services in the UK - - 02:10 Manchester P to Cleethorpes. Shrewsbury services or Victoria London. Could also say this year the Summer Saturday London Waterloo To Corfe Castle via Salisbury to Yeovil (reverse) Yeovil Pen Mill (reverse) Weymouth...
  2. M

    Which newbuild are you Looking forward too the most

    Hi and thanks. Yes I was thinking of that locomotive. As a extraordinary survivor and a unique locomotive I think as a demonstration of a line of prototype locomotive power in the UK I think it would be a great locomotive to restore.
  3. M

    Which newbuild are you Looking forward too the most

    I think I would like to see a gas turbine loco actually restored/created to running condition.
  4. M

    Locomotives bricked-up inside of tunnels.

    If you include buried then you must mention those diesels buried in Scotland which had asbestos. Cant remember which ones but believe they were wrapped up at St Rollex
  5. M

    'Premier League' Heritage Railways

    Very good read and great topic. For me dragging my family along my perspective is skewed. For me I put forward the following experience. Swanage railway has been trying to get the Wareham link activated, My family travelled from Templecombe on the Summer Saturday special £10. What an enjoyable...

Top