• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Lewis12

  1. L

    Locomotive transmissions? A mechanical question.

    Fantastic page. Thank you!
  2. L

    Locomotive transmissions? A mechanical question.

    Hello all. I'm currently trying to educate myself on various engineering aspects of the railway, particularly traction / rolling stock. Could anyone mechanically minded please explain the difference between hydraulic and mechanical transmissions in relation to diesel locomotives? As...
  3. L

    Rolling stock / shunting

    Thanks once again. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their website. I appreciate you're not a career advisor! But do you have any CV or interview tips, as a man on the inside? --- old post above --- --- new post below --- In addition to the original post, anyone know how frequently...
  4. L

    Rolling stock / shunting

    Hey timpb. Thanks for the info :) Both roles sound like something I'd really enjoy, but especially the tech B role. I'm glad training is provided as I was worried about potentially finding other rolling stock experience especially living in ipswich. I guess it's just down to keeping my...
  5. L

    Rolling stock / shunting

    Hello all, new to the forum! I'm currently working as a car mechanic with some HGV experience, so fairly decent engineering experience. I've become more interested in getting involved in the rail industry. I recently saw a job advertised with freightliner for a technician B working...

Top