Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Update:
I received a brief phone call from one of the Revenue Protection team where it was confirmed, due to my compliance with the inspector when I was stopped and my willingness to resolve the matter, along with no previous offense history, that I was eligible for an out of court settlement...
Just to update:
I did not receive the aforementioned phone call from head prosecuter that was meant to happen within 72 hours. Now been well over that period.
I'm guessing I will receive corresponding letter in the post as per usual process.
Can anyone advise whether it would be a good idea to reach out directly to the train company via letter ASAP saying I am deeply regretful for my action and have learnt my lessons , first offence and will happily pay the avoided fares and any additional charges in full as an out of court...
I believe the interview was conducted by the officer who stopped me - unless you are referring to a more formal interview to occur further down the line?
Many thanks for taking the time out to respond, this is really useful.
As mentioned above, I have no problem paying back my fares in full and am not looking for easy way out.
Ideally I want to avoid going down a prosecution route for reasons stated above, so I will be counting my lucky stars...
I have got no problem paying back my fares in full - it is the least I would expect following my stupidity. I imagine there will be admin charges on top as well.
Yes I said I had done it previously on various occasions but did not give an actual figure as I would honestly not know how many without checking back through statements to confirm when I had bought tickets (I have on various occasions bought a ticket covering the whole journey). So I explained...
Hi - looking for some general advice from this forum as very concerned I am in a pretty bad situation.
I was recently caught travelling without a ticket after tapping in with my bank card at Stratford station. I had travelled from Wickford to Stratford on an overground train with no ticket. I...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.