• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Kermit1

  1. K

    Commercial Guard Assessment - South West Trains

    I had never worked for a TOC in any role before applying to be a commercial guard. Total newbie from an unrelated profession. The difference in the assessment between guard and commercial guard, is the addition of the ticket selling and checking test. You should have some examples to practice...
  2. K

    Commercial Guard Assessment - South West Trains

    I wouldn't worry about the long wait. It has taken me a year from original application to start date. It had been a long time since I had used my brain for any maths, and I spent a lot of time reminding myself of the basics with a GCSE maths book, before the assessment day. But the most useful...
  3. K

    Advice needed? Guard V Commercial Guard SWT

    Hi and thanks for all your very helpful comments. You are all so very generous with your time and advice. You are all the reason I passed the tests/interview....... this forum is an absolute goldmine of information for those prepared to trekk through it! I applied for Farnham and was...
  4. K

    Advice needed? Guard V Commercial Guard SWT

    I'd really welcome some informed advice especially from any SWT employees. I applied (May 16) and passed assessments and interview (August) for a Commercial guard position at a depot 15 minutes away from me. I am SO pleased! I've been told by SWT that earliest course start for this will...

Top