• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Jojo

  1. J

    Transport investigations limited

    My understanding is T.I.L. are agents of the train company, not the train company itself. I suspect that had T.I.L. not been present that day, which they aren't as a rule, I would have been able to purchase my ticket at the barrier as planned with no further action. Indeed the tinfoil hat...
  2. J

    Transport investigations limited

    I just wanted to prove in my letter providing mitigation that I have a) paid my fare for travel that day and b) was not lying about the ticket machine being out of order. I am hoping that in one letter I will be able to get them to agree that action is not appropriate. I know that companies like...
  3. J

    Transport investigations limited

    I've just emailed WM trains to see if they can send me any evidence that the ticket machine was out of order. I assume without evidence it will be my word against theirs. I am also unsure as to whether it is now assumed that everyone can buy tickets online and so a machine available or not would...
  4. J

    Transport investigations limited

    I don't know what a permit to travel machine is... as far as I know there isn't one at Wellington. Sorry long one - The letter states "the purpose of this letter is to advise you of the proposed action and to provide you with the opportunity for any mitigation that you wish to be considered...
  5. J

    Transport investigations limited

    Wow, thank you. That is a marvellous letter. I will let you know how I get on.
  6. J

    Transport investigations limited

    I travelled on Saturday 23rd March at around 2.30 I beleive
  7. J

    Transport investigations limited

    Hi, thanks for the response, I didn't see a conductor but then neither did I go looking for one, which I.apparently should have done. I did explain the situation but it didn't seem to be a valid excuse. I don't recall which train company it was, but haven't received any communication from them...
  8. J

    Transport investigations limited

    Hi,I'm hoping for some advice please. I've just received a letter advising of proposed action against me as I travelled without a ticket between Wellington and Shrewsbury. In my defence the ticket machine on the station was out of order and the office is unmanned in the afternoons. I have...

Top