• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by jessica33

  1. J

    Daily commute - Ascot to Bank

    There are 21 stops between Richmond tube and Monument o_O I didn't find hardly any queues when I went. I was early. As stated, I arrived at Waterloo around 0735 HRS, and was on the tube about 10 minutes later. When I got down there, a tube was just boarding which I missed. But around 90...
  2. J

    Disabled scooter user humiliated by Train Manager for using disabled space on GWR service.

    Yep exactly. No training could have prevented someone clearly so stupid, cruel and inhumane doing that.
  3. J

    Disabled scooter user humiliated by Train Manager for using disabled space on GWR service.

    This is one of those cases where the company are not the ones that should be blamed. I say that as it's clearly a train manager who is particularly stupid. Sometimes companies/organisations can't account for sheer ignorance, lack of judgement and lack of common sense. It's the same when a...
  4. J

    Daily commute - Ascot to Bank

    I did a test commute today. Time from leaving my front door to getting to potential work place near Bank was 1hr36 minutes That was with no proper delays or issues. I got the 0632 train out Then Waterloo and city line across Hard to know how sustainable that is, twice a day, 5 days a week.
  5. J

    Daily commute - Ascot to Bank

    Thanks Martin. I did see this last night. Will reply properly tomorrow! !
  6. J

    Daily commute - Ascot to Bank

    I don't think I will get very fit at these types of "gyms" :lol: However I've been to a few of those pubs before and think I'd enjoy going again!
  7. J

    Daily commute - Ascot to Bank

    Thanks for that info. Getting in at 0745 would mean getting the 0605 train ... that's a lot earlier than I had considered. The position I've been offered for is as a team leader within an IT support office, not sure if that matters or not. 0605 train arrives at Waterloo at 0707 0632 train...
  8. J

    Daily commute - Ascot to Bank

    I think they're flexible, the core business hours run alongside the London Stock Exchange, which is 0800-1630. But one guy did say he used to start at 10 as he doesn't like mornings. I'm going to check to see if it's an issue if I get in after 8. I doubt it will be as this is a decent company...
  9. J

    Daily commute - Ascot to Bank

    Thanks for that. In regards to Bank... the tube itself is 4 minutes I think, I used this yesterday at around 9am and it wasn't too bad but possibly quieter than peak peak times. Coming back I was on the tube about 430 and again it wasn't too bad but still early. I know other places like...
  10. J

    Daily commute - Ascot to Bank

    I've been offered another job, this time about 3-4 minutes from Bank tube station. Route would therefore be Ascot -> Waterloo = 60 minutes Waterloo -> Bank = 3-4 minutes not including queuing and things like that So you're probably looking around 1hr 20 minutes to get from Station to office...
  11. J

    What is the commute from Ascot to Syon Lane like?

    Thanks big dirt, I'm struggling to make a decision really. I've been in my current role for 12 years, it's very secure and comfortable. I get a work car too, with all petrol covered (for commuting). I work 7am-3pm so I have a lot of spare time. Leaving will mean train travel, uncertainty...
  12. J

    What is the commute from Ascot to Syon Lane like?

    Yea I'm sure we are talking about the same big company! I loved the site there, facilities like the gyms and restaurants look brilliant. Is the food, coffee expensive? That's good information about the trains. Getting on at Ascot I can get a seat Not sure if I will get a seat on the 2nd...
  13. J

    What is the commute from Ascot to Syon Lane like?

    What do you mean by you have to deal with a lot?
  14. J

    What is the commute from Ascot to Syon Lane like?

    Also thinking it may be an option to drive - Around 25 miles from home to where I need to be: Obviously during rush our this will be busier than normal According to Google Maps, a random Wednesday Morning, leaving at 0700 HRS, it takes 40 minutes - 1hr 25 mins. Coming back at 1730: 50mins...

Top