• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Jeeps

  1. J

    Historical information sought ( London - Florence/Rome)

    Thanks Caertroia I'll follow that trail too.
  2. J

    Historical information sought ( London - Florence/Rome)

    Thanks Mvann. Looking into that further I discovered a copy of the 1870 edition in the NRM in York so may have to work in a trip there.
  3. J

    Historical information sought ( London - Florence/Rome)

    Thanks Silvermachine, very helpful indeed. On the matter of Rome's Central Station I have wikipedia (under Roma Termini entry) as saying starting construction in 1868 as a single station for Rome. I think it may have been rebuilt around the period you said. Further research I did shows you...
  4. J

    Historical information sought ( London - Florence/Rome)

    I am writing a novel which takes place in 1877 and involves some train journeys from London to Florence and London to Rome. I have had little luck with my research on the web and wonder if anyone can help at all with historical background. I would like to pin down the following: How long...

Top