Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I think they have reduced the padding somewhat; it used to be quite hefty, but that meant that there was an awful lot of wasted time for passengers changing from the H&I section to the Willesden Junction one.
There still is far too much, to be honest, but that's minor compared to the...
This is all about control. If you're on a platform with a long time to wait, you have choices -- you can try to get a seat on the platform, go for a coffee, do something else. Likewise on the Tube, you have a high chance of getting a seat within a stop or two, or if things are really intolerable...
Thanks for this, and you are right. I was certainly being flip with my throwaway line about Brighton! I guess the crux of the thing is that, even after your description of the benefits, they don't quite feel so compelling that it makes one willing to put up with this continuing grief. With my...
Even if it did shout about it, it seems to me a lot of passengers suffering at London Bridge aren't pre-disposed to think kindly of all this work anyway.
Certainly for me on the Peckham line I've seen a station getting increasingly inhospitable, offering fewer and less reliable trains, plus...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.