Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Hi all,
So I bumped into the same inspector today and showed him my ticket and said ‘look It’s only a £3 difference’ and then politely asked why I just wasn’t charged the difference and that I have seen other inspectors charge the difference and then I proceeded to show him the contract with...
Honestly I was absolutely baffed that he was taking this genuine mistake so seriously, I was speaking to one of my friends today who said his letter came after 3 days when he had an altercation with the GWR guys. I guess I can only wait and see what happens next
I got stopped whilst showing the ticket inspector my card as the barriers were open due to congestion. The ticket Inspector was just standing there looking at tickets whilst people were walking and and as I showed him mine whilst walking through he immediately stopped me saying it was an off...
Do you think I should go confront the ticket inspector today in the chance that he hasn’t allready sent off his report? I could show him the National rail policy and read him the policy under 9.5.1
Hopefully but he was adamant I was in the wrong with an invalid ticket- I guess he was technically correct.
So I took the 8:51am train that got to Paddington at 9:25 ish, however I should have taken the 9:16am from my starting station.
Will let you guys know as soon as I get the letter, do...
So I collected the ticket from my starting station from the ticket machine as I paid for it on trainline over the phone whilst in the queue. I went pass the barriers at my station as they were open and the ticket inspector didn’t really say anything when I flashed the card. I got stopped when I...
No not really just literally asked me for my details and confirmed they were correct and then got me to sign a little booklet confirming the events and then handed me a zero fare ticket after taking my original. At no point did he caution me or read me my rights
Thanks for your reply, I just explained my situation that’s all and he proceeded to say regardless what you have to say this ticket is invalid, but I just wanted to ask I am reading a lot of people have been interviewed under caution but in my case this definitely was not the case not at one...
Hi all, hoping I could get some help from someone.
Today whilst travelling into London I purchased by accident an off peak ticket from the trainline app whilst waiting in the queue at the station (as the train was due to arrive in minutes, so couldn’t afford to wait any longer).
Anyhow I...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.