Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I wanted to let you know that my offer has been accepted and so all has ended well.
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice, I really appreciated it at a very anxious time.
To help others who may end up in the same position, the train company told me that where it is a first offence, the...
So I got through to them this morning and had a chat with one of their officers. They do want to give me the chance of a settlement, and want me to email them back an offer. She said it should at least cover their costs of £145 and the fare of £11.80 but that it was up to me to present them with...
Thanks to all of you for the advice. I've got a letter back today from the train company asking me to call them.
From reading other threads my hopes are raised that this means they want to discuss a settlement - is that likely what's going to happen? Or will it be a further interview about...
Thank you DaveNewcastle and falcon for your thoughts and perspective.
I don't wish to conceal the truth as this would be further dishonesty on top of what I have already done. And at any rate, they have the evidence - the ticket. If the train company don't want to settle then I would intend to...
Thanks to all who have given me advice on the thread and through PMs. I really appreciate it - I am beside myself with worry at the moment and trying very hard to approach this calmly and sensibly. I keep thinking back to the day I did it and feeling so stupid and, to be honest, like a pretty...
This is my letter so far, I've been very honest about my actions and how I am approaching it. Do people feel it strikes the right tone and has the right information in it?
Dear Sir/Madam,
REF: XXXXXXXXX
I would like to thank you for your letter (dated XXXXX) and am extremely grateful to you...
Thanks Falcon and Najab, I am not entirely sure what this means for my situation. But I am thinking to go with the approach that as I did do it, I should admit to it. I did not admit to it to the ticket inspector at the time, which was stupid, but I panicked and felt mortified in front of other...
Thanks to all who offered me advice back in December. I have now had a letter for Govia which states:
- This letter is to inform you of our intention to take this case to the Magistrate's Court...
- Details of the offence: - entering a train for the purpose of travelling without a ticket...
Thank you Ainsworth74, I really appreciate you replying. That is quite reassuring, although obviously, as you say, nothing guaranteed. I will see what the letter says when it comes, and whether it seems a good idea to get a solicitor involved at that point. Thanks again.
Thank you Cuccir and NajaB for your replies. I have been honest with all I have said here, so hopefully there is a chance I can settle out of court. I think I'm reading up on the topic too much and panicking. There isn't a lot I can do until I receive the letter from Thameslink. Will this letter...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.