• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by itgoodson

  1. I

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Yes, I suppose it is a bit over the top. Nevertheless, as has already been pointed out, their spin *ahem advertising promises great things that in reality are far from realised.
  2. I

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    If Virgin operated up and down the ECML, or Wakefield was in Yorkshire, I would! (that's not a snide comment btw - I appreciate your point)
  3. I

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    Hi. I posted a couple of pages back about my experience on the 20:05 from KX to Wakefield. Some replies have asked why I didn't just ask what was on offer, or read the menu. Good questions. I did read the menu when I first sat down - I flicked to the evening menu as I assumed that is what...
  4. I

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    I've just come back to Wakefield on the 20:05 out of Kings Cross. First time I've travelled First Class and was totally underwhelmed. I was expecting the evening menu, but they were running the 'all day' one. The female member of staff came round with the food trolley asking 'any refreshments?'...

Top