• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by ibendelow

  1. I

    Off peak ticket on anytime services during ticket acceptance

    Thanks - it's an advance single. So booked on a specific train, not anytime as I originally said.
  2. I

    Off peak ticket on anytime services during ticket acceptance

    Hi there, I am travelling this afternoon on an off peak service from King's Cross to Newcastle. Because of the disruption, this won't be possible, and therefore I am going via Derby from St Pancras. Am I able to get on an anytime service? I was due to leave at around 1530 but I notice that all...
  3. I

    Break of journey

    Sorry that should be 2c
  4. I

    Break of journey

    Thanks for the responses. I have received this : Dear Mr Bendelow, Thank you for your further correspondence. I am sorry that you were unhappy with my previous response. Thank you for giving me another opportunity to resolve your concerns. I have referred your case once again to our...
  5. I

    Break of journey

    What options would be available to me now?
  6. I

    Break of journey

    Have finally received a response from Virgin about the original post, their response is as follows:
  7. I

    Break of journey

    I am currently "in conversation" with them, however they are unable to do anything yet as they cannot find the original reservation. It was booked through my work, so I have provided the email address it was booked through, as well as the reference number and the email sent to me - but alas...
  8. I

    Break of journey

    I've emailed a letter of complaint to them, so we shall see what they say. Thank you very much for the advice, it is appreciated. Ian
  9. I

    Break of journey

    She just said if there are ticket checks when you get off then you'll risk being charged for it. The reason why I thought this could be the case is because I got off at Preston recently and there were ticket checks in place. She said I could get off at Lancaster and come back down as it...
  10. I

    Break of journey

    Just an update on this: I was told by the station staff at Euston and then the train manager in no uncertain terms that I would not be able to alight at Wigan. This was because the Euston - Wigan part of the journey was considered a peak service and therefore I would be charged for that...
  11. I

    Break of journey

    Thanks - even though a peak return to Euston from Wigan would be significantly more expensive because it's peak than an off peak return from Carlisle? Essentially what I'm saying is people could just get a Carlisle - Euston off peak and save £££ just having a dodgy "break of journey" in Wigan...
  12. I

    Break of journey

    Hi there, I have an off peak return from Carlisle to London. I'm using my return part today but want to break my journey in Wigan for a couple of hours before traveling up to Carlisle. I can travel up to Carlisle from Euston off peak at any time. However the station I wish to break my...
  13. I

    SOR to AP missed connection

    Hi all, I have a question for you and I wonder what the thoughts are. Tomorrow I am getting the train from Leeds to Carlisle. I am getting the 1805 (I think) direct from Leeds to Preston via Burnley, arriving into Preston at 1948. I then have an advance single for the 1953 train to...

Top