Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I'd like to thank you all again for your help in planning our trip. Now that I've been back awhile, I thought I'd share some thoughts and photos that I took along the way.
First, I was not impressed with Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. The low hanging, unfinished ceilings left me with the...
Thank y'all again for your help. We're a week away from departure and I'm very excited. We're going to do the NYMR all the way to Whitby on the 25th. A quick question, though -- when I bought the tickets online, I purchased "return" tickets (which I assume are what we'd call "round trip" tickets...
The flight to Leeds lands at 9:50 AM. So, by the time we go through customs, gather luggage, and take the bus into the city, it might be 11:00-11:30 AM I'm guessing? On the way back, we're going to spend the night before in Leeds and go to the Royal Armouries Museum, then fly out the next...
I'd like to thank all of you for your very helpful replies. The NYMR sounds very nice. We'll have to add it to the itinerary!
So we've had a slight change of plans and are now flying into and out of Leeds, connecting via Amsterdam. Google assures me that there are plenty of rail and bus...
Thank you so much, Yorkie! The plan is to arrive in London on 21 Sept and immediately catch a train to York. We'll travel back to London on the 26th and fly out the next day.
I want to do the Viking Centre and Yorkshire Museum. Is the Dungeon an actual historical thing, or a tourist trap-type...
Hello! I'm planning a trip in September and am wondering if anyone would be so kind as to offer some advice. My father and I are flying into London and plan to take a train to York for a week's worth of vacationing. My inquiries are threefold:
1) I am vaguely aware of reported problems with...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.