Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Would it be too much trouble to either get opening windows, or fit some air con to the 158s? I prefer their layout to 170s; loads of wasted space and doors opening and closing, putting you in a draft all the time.
Two journeys in June were awful, due mainly to the hot and stuffy air on board...
My big beef with 158s is that the air con doesn't work. I can't ever find any single tickets less than £62 for Norwich-Chesterfield. I end up paying about 40p/mile for a train with no air con. That WAS a problem back in June/July. Now I drive and won't touch the money pit that is our railway...
I noticed that the last thread on what is possibly the worst long distance line in the country has closed. This is a rail route I would use, but it is simply too expensive for the poor service provided. I was wondering whether anyone on this site had any ideas how to go about improving things on...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.