• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Flyxolydian

  1. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    Hi guys, just a final update. I had another letter from the court informing me that they'd brought the date of the hearing forward by a week. I actually got the letter the day before the date of the hearing, which wasn't ideal! I emailed GWR's prosecutions dept. to clarify as to whether my...
  2. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    I've got it all in writing, as they emailed me with the decision/apology. The phone call was just to sort out the refund, which should be in within a couple of days. Quoted from the email: "Withdrawing your case I can see that your case was scheduled to be heard on the[]. Due to COVID 19 the...
  3. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    Right... update. They've responded, and are going to refund the full amount (I just have to phone them up to sort this out). In terms of the court case, apparently they have to attend and withdraw the case in person on the day of the hearing. I'm not quite sure as to why this is the necessary...
  4. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    Yeah, I got a auto-message from GWR when I sent off the complaint that said that an answer would take longer than usual, due to their customer service dept is down as a result of the virus. it's usually supposed to be within 5 days, but who knows when I'll get an answer. I'll update the thread...
  5. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    Right, I'll make that change and then send it off. Thanks for the helps everyone, it's much appreciated!
  6. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    Ok, here's an updated version: Dear GWR I am writing in regards to case[] involving the incident of [] where I had purchased a ticket with a 26-30 railcard discount. It wasn't until I was asked for my railcard on the train that I realised that I had left my phone (my railcard being digital) at...
  7. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    Done, thanks for the heads up! Yes, that's the letter that I was supposed to receive. The part not shown provides a link that I could've used to send proof that I owned a railcard at the time. The pre-court settlement offer was received at the same time as the court summons, in the same...
  8. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    Ok, so here's my first draft of the letter (with provided image). The idea was to provide pictorial evidence to back up the letter, but I'm not sure how effective it is at this stage: Dear GWR I am writing in regards to case [] involving the incident of [] where I had mistakenly purchased a...
  9. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    I'd like that to be the case, as it'd be one less thing to sort out. Either way, priority at the moment seems to be to send a well written complaint off to GWR, but I'll post a draft here first for everyone to view/critique.
  10. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    There was only the one occasion. The timeline from the original incident is as follows: 11th October - Ticket bought, and interviewed on train with intent of providing evidence at a later date. 6th March - Letter received with court summons for the date of 7th April. Settlement was paid on the...
  11. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    1. He gave me alternative tickets to use and took mine away (I suppose to use as evidence). This is the first time that I've ever had any issues with them though. 2. Trewhella is my next door neighbours house, so I guess that we share the same postcode. I did go over to theirs and enquire as to...
  12. F

    GWR court hearing advice plus complaint.

    Hi, I was hoping to get some information on how to deal with this situation. Also, sorry for this being long-winded, but I'd like to give as much detail as I can. Last October I'd bought a return ticket from St. Erth to Truro using a 26-30 railcard (which at the time I did have). Unfortunately...

Top