• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by flatly

  1. F

    Expired Railcard: Paying the difference on a ticket?

    I just witnessed a passenger who had brought a ticket from preston to newcastle on a railcard, but the railcard had expired 4 days ago and the passenger hadn't noticed. The guard wanted to charge the full price for a replacement ticket, not just the difference; is this correct? Seems a bit...
  2. F

    Trivia: Getting around London the long way

    I'm curious, assuming any starting station outside the M25, would it be possible to circle the entirety of London via train while remaining outside the M25 (how will you get over the Thames on the East side?) And what's the minimum number of changes that would be necessary.
  3. F

    London North Eastern Railway (LNER) First Class service

    I'm buying a ticket for someone for 1st class on a weekday trip from edinburgh to peterborough on Virgin East Coast. Assuming a desire to leave edinburgh between between 09:00 and say 11:30. I see the menu changes at 11am from breakfast. Assuming he gets on at 10am, would be able to get...
  4. F

    Glasgow to Peterborough

    Thanks for the suggestions. I went with the one from soil. But it got weird when I was trying to buy them. I'm purchasing from virgin trains east coast. Journey: Preston (lancs) to peterborough Friday 3rd March Shows the 18:17, and the 18:47 only. Even with "via Leeds" set. I had to...
  5. F

    Glasgow queen street - one station or two?

    Is Glasgow Queen Street one station or two? I note that for routing purposes it's always GQS, but on the trains themselves (real-time information things on the platform), they often differentiate between upper level and lower-level. And of course phyiscally while in the same building they're...
  6. F

    Glasgow to Peterborough

    Does anyone have any suggestions for splitting a trip from Glasgow to Peterborough on Friday Afternoon. Not getting to Peterborough any later than 11pm. The cheapest is showing as £51.50 for the 17:15 from Glasgow, but I'd prefer an earlier train (and ideally cheaper). Any suggestions? (not...

Top