• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by espaceman3

  1. E

    First Great Western trainie train drivers, Reading, Paddington & Oxford

    Yes ,fair enough , well I've been with my current employers for 26 years (since I was 17) so I don't tend to move around much !
  2. E

    First Great Western trainie train drivers, Reading, Paddington & Oxford

    I'm 43 , it wasn't distance from depot that was a problem , I live 10 minutes away from Reading ,and could make Paddington station in under an hour from where I live .
  3. E

    First Great Western trainie train drivers, Reading, Paddington & Oxford

    No I didn't get as far as an interview , I was rejected at the on-line application form stage . They didn't give a reason , but did say it wasn't their policy to give feed back , so I'll never know although I'm pretty sure it was my age . :(
  4. E

    First Great Western trainie train drivers, Reading, Paddington & Oxford

    I didn't ask when the intake would start ...anyway I'm out of the running ...did my application form on the Friday , got a reply Monday morning by email saying I hadn't been successful . Ding Ding , knocked out in round 1 !!!
  5. E

    First Great Western trainie train drivers, Reading, Paddington & Oxford

    I rang the HR to ask a question about something else , and whilst I was on the phone to them I asked how many Trainee posts there were ,and she said 16.
  6. E

    First Great Western trainie train drivers, Reading, Paddington & Oxford

    I've just completed their on-line application form and screening , there are 16 trainee train driver jobs vacant . I'm 43 years of age ...I hope I stand a chance !

Top