• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Darren1664

  1. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Hi all Sorry it's taken me until now to come back about this... Anway, TIL agreed to settle out of court and this issue is now behind us* I justed wanted to thank you all for reading and commenting and providing very useful information that has deifinitely helped me. I very much appreciate...
  2. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Oh I see you point. Might this give us something to work with? I guess if there's no obligation they don't have to stick to this? I can certainly bring it to their attention if they decline our offer via email.
  3. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Hi some bloke First letter received 2 April Second one received 30 April and Final letter received 28 May The first letter seems to suggest we would have 7 days from their second letter of 30 April which has obviously passed, or do you think otherwise? Thanks again
  4. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Thank you MrJfish007 and cuccir Still no word on a settlement but I still hope we can reach an agreement. To answer you questions 1. Yes, the last letter attached in the second in the chain. The first included the offer to settle, then the one referencing RORA and finally the one which says...
  5. D

    People's attitude to buying tickets.

    Following the theme of analogies Imagine in your local town you had one restaurant in which to eat. When you enter a waiter seats you at a table and takes your order and then, at the appropriate moment, brings the bill and a means of taking payment. Once a week you go to this restaurant and...
  6. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Thanks again some bloke and MotCO Sorry to drag up my thread again but I have since realised there was another letter which I had not uploaded (I rang them today and they mentioned it and I went rummaging) I've attached it and it seems they are prosecuting under section 5.3 (a) Regulations of...
  7. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Thanks again some bloke, this information is very useful and I appreciate the very well worded email. I've been doing some research into this and even after paying the administration I may continue to press this but do so without the fear of court. I noticed also that they claimed we are...
  8. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Thanks again some bloke for your reply and reassurance. Thanks also to Haywain and Darandio for their contributions. To clear up the misleading statements about the ticket machine (and this is where we make things harder for ourselves) - On the night this happened my wife did not know there...
  9. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Well spotted some bloke, I have amended :) Thank you for the detailed reply Fawkes Cat. Grovelling seems the best option to try and at this point there nothing to lose in trying. It still doesn't feel right morally to me. The attitude of Railway staff seems to encourage boarding without a...
  10. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Thanks some bloke, I hope so as we are tired of the process now and just want out. Thank you also Haywain, it's certainly worth a try I've uploaded what they have sent to my wife along with the letter to them. Unfortunately I don't have the initial letter sent as it was hand written :/ Thanks...
  11. D

    Transport Investigation Limited

    Hello I'm sure you must all get tired of these threads but I really do not know where else to get advice. So appreciate any in advance. My wife recently boarded a train at Telford without a ticket and, as the conductor did not make their way down the train, looked to purchase a ticket at...

Top