• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by CrossAtCountry

  1. C

    Treated like a criminal

    Thanks for comprehensive reply. XC guard did not ask for my name and address he just said pay up of I call the police. Also my ticket was on my mobile phone so the EMT people couldn't have signed their authorisation on my ticket . Anyway the police were sensible sadly the Xc guard was not.
  2. C

    Treated like a criminal

    Yes quite apart from it not being in the public interest to involve the police, why would the XC inspector suspect fare dodging when i had shown him my EMT ticket? Surely the likely explanation is that someone had made an honest mistake, not deliberatley doding his fare? The fact that the EMT...
  3. C

    Treated like a criminal

    Yes, they both would have known I had a ticket for the cancelled train because I discussed the cancellation of "my train" with them, and I asked about alternative trains.
  4. C

    Treated like a criminal

    I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer i gave some time ago: "Both people at sheffield knew the train had been cancelled. Neither asked what type of ticket I had".
  5. C

    Treated like a criminal

    Yes I think whilst both otc s are probably at fault by anger is mainly at xc. Emt may have made an honest mistake. But as you say the xc guard was a bully and called the police who straightaway said this wasn’t a police matter. the very most he should have done would be take my name and address...
  6. C

    Treated like a criminal

    Well yes i was told I could use Xc. I think the pedants would say I wasn’t told that I wouldn’t have to buy another ticket at full price to do so.
  7. C

    Treated like a criminal

    Well yes a previous time we were on the EMTrain it wasn’t working so the guard told everyone to get off and catch the cross country train at platform 6. If it’s purely a concession due to travel disruption then how are we supposed to know that concession has been formally agreed between the two...
  8. C

    Treated like a criminal

    That's not what the police said. Both people at sheffield knew the train had been cancelled. Neither asked what type of ticket I had.
  9. C

    Treated like a criminal

    Oh to complete the answer it was a mobile advanced ticket. So yes I guess only valid on the booked train, but surely if that train is cancelled you don't have to pay again?
  10. C

    Treated like a criminal

    EMT guy knew my train had been cancelled, he didn't ask what type of ticket I held , said I could catch cross country train. Cross country guy didn't ask for my name or address, I asked his but he would only give his first name. He just said pay up or I call the police. The police came and said...
  11. C

    Treated like a criminal

    EM Train frOm sheffield to Derby cancelled. Told both by EMT guy at sheffield and lady at station managers office that next train to Derby was Cross country train . Caught this. Ticket guy said my EMT ticket was not valid I needed to pay him £22. I refused, so he called British transport police...

Top