• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by CrazyTom

  1. C

    Buying ticket on train Šturovo - Vác

    I'm planning an trip on the overnight train from Prague to Budapest this summer. The only is I can't seem to find any cheap fares on the overnight train all the way through. The ideal situation would be to do the following: Book Prague-Šturovo with the Czech Railways (~£20, e-ticket available)...
  2. C

    Weekend First Upgrade in combination with complimentary ticket?

    I've found this page on the CrossCountry website which confirms that you can indeed use a complimentary ticket in combination with a weekend first upgrade: I'm looking forward to the trip, especially the outbound leg on an HST!
  3. C

    DBY-EUS Super Offpeak Return validity

    My reading of the restrictions for this ticket means that it would be valid on the following itinerary on a weekday (Friday 14th June to be exact): 15:37 Derby 16:00 Tamworth -- 16:19 Tamworth 17:50 London Euston I'm basing this on the section that says: Not valid for travel on services timed...
  4. C

    Weekend First Upgrade in combination with complimentary ticket?

    Haha, no as in we're spending a week in Penzance, so it'd be £20 each way per person for £80 total! Sorry xD
  5. C

    Weekend First Upgrade in combination with complimentary ticket?

    A while back I was offered a pair of standard class returns anywhere on CrossCountry's network as compensation for a very substantial delay. I intend to use them for a week-long trip from Edinburgh to Penzance (felt like getting good use of them!), but am obviously concerned about the comfort of...
  6. C

    First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

    Sorry, but does anyone have a copy of last year's Summer timetable? I can't seem to find a copy online and I'm trying to plan a trip down to Cornwall this summer and am assessing the feasibility of staying in one place vs. splitting the trip. I'm well aware that there are going to be differences...
  7. C

    4 minute changeover at Manchester Picadilly

    Yeah, after inspecting the train's punctuality record on Wednesdays in the past month I'm not optimistic about my chances... I've shot off an email to TPE support on the off-chance I get a response I can use to get onto the 1307 if necessary, but if not I shall pay the £3.50. This almost adds...
  8. C

    4 minute changeover at Manchester Picadilly

    Yes, I currently hold two advance tickets. In the event that I missed the train, I'd ideally want to ascertain whether I can travel on the 1307 on the same ticket, because if not then I may as well travel on the 1237 East Midlands Trains service. I'm not sure how to go about this, because in my...
  9. C

    4 minute changeover at Manchester Picadilly

    I'm a bit of an idiot. I just booked two TPE advance tickets with a 4-minute connection at Manchester Picadilly: the 1203 arrival from Sheffield and the 1207 departure to Liverpool Lime Street. Although I'm pretty confident in making in over to the through platform (#14) in that time, I've now...
  10. C

    Delays on "LM AND XC ONLY" tickets

    Well, this thread expanded quickly... From what I've read, if one books the cheap XC/LM tickets from Derby to Euston (the cheapest being a bargain £9 advance), one takes the risk of having to wait for the next LM train going, and then claim delay repay. This is perfectly fair enough, considering...
  11. C

    Delays on "LM AND XC ONLY" tickets

    The refund was under delay repay, although they offered 100% of the return ticket price, not the 50% that they were technically require to offer.
  12. C

    Delays on "LM AND XC ONLY" tickets

    If one holds a "TOC ONLY" ticket and the booked train on that TOC is cancelled or delayed, what right does one have to travel on an alternative service with another TOC to complete one's journey on time? A relative of mine shelled out significant amounts for unrestricted tickets to complete...

Top