• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by cookan

  1. C

    Guildford-Croydon Routes and Tickets

    great suggestion and thanks for the pointer to the condition...I'll do that. Appreciate it's much cheaper to get a top up ticket when I need to go via redhill but I just want a ticket that covers all possibilities..bad enough having to buy one each day. The reality of my commute is that...
  2. C

    Guildford-Croydon Routes and Tickets

    I looked at that also but it's about 20+ mins longer journey and the Redhill route and direct trains are good as I get a seat and plenty of space so easy to work on the train..
  3. C

    Guildford-Croydon Routes and Tickets

    So...what do I do.... when the ticket office man at Guildford is adamant that the Any Permitted Anytime Day Return Guildford to East/West Croydon is NOT valid via Redhill ? I didn't think it'd be long before I ran in to issues ! He said "it's not valid", I said.."but it is..I've checked"...he...
  4. C

    Guildford-Croydon Routes and Tickets

    ahh thanks for the quick answer ! So I think you're referring to this in Step 4.. "It can be used on any route not listed in the Routeing Guide for which a lower priced route specific fare exists." Which I take to mean...I can throw away the routing points and maps I've downloaded because...
  5. C

    Guildford-Croydon Routes and Tickets

    Hi guys, I'm struggling with this daily commute ! I'm right in the middle of West and East Croydon so can choose either station but have been opting for the West Croydon 17:14 direct to Guildford with the backup plan of the 17:43 direct to guildford. The problem occurs like today, both...

Top