• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by clapjunker

  1. C

    oyster readers at clapham junction

    Good signage - what about the signs that say 'Platforms 2-8' when they actually lead to Platform 1 as well? Man in information desk on Platform 1 - not very helpful. He just says go to the exit. Does not say which of the two lifts to use or where they are (and they are sometimes...
  2. C

    oyster readers at clapham junction

    Barnham in Sussex. --- old post above --- --- new post below --- 'If you don't touch in, and are using PAYG, then you are right to get a Penalty Fare.' But there is nothing to tell you where to touch in/out, or even that you need to, and the signage is so bad it is hard even to find the exit...
  3. C

    oyster readers at clapham junction

    I don't change from train to Oyster at CJ to save money, but because the Overground goes straight to Hackney, without my having to go to central London at all. That's what it was supposed to do when it was linked up to CJ, wasn't it? Problems not bad enough to ask for assistance, I can walk...
  4. C

    oyster readers at clapham junction

    I've got the answer: the man in an information booth at Platform 1/2 could have an Oyster validating machine inside his booth and validate your Oyster card once he has checked your ticket. He seems to have nothing else to do. Laziness: I am 63 and have health problems which make a long...
  5. C

    oyster readers at clapham junction

    What are purple route validators? Never seen one. And I use this route (change from national rail to London overground, and from overground to national rail on the way back) every time I go to London, once a week or fortnight at the moment. If it was easier to validate the Oystercard, I'm...
  6. C

    oyster readers at clapham junction

    Why can't there be Oyster readers at Platforms 1 and 2, where the Overground comes in? To touch out one’s Oyster card, before getting a train, involves the following if wishing to use lifts. 1. Lift down from the platform (1 and 2) to the nearest exit. One is then in the underpass. 2...

Top