• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by Char1979lie

  1. C

    Why is there now an obsession with re-nationalisation?

    I was being nostalgic.....But yes I can understand that now. .. Cheers.... We should all keep pushing for line reopenings... Keep signing the petitions... All of us... Then maybe we can make a difference and a real positive change....
  2. C

    Why is there now an obsession with re-nationalisation?

    it's a shame, at least we have the memories and photos. I will always remember the run up to Scotland with my dad from Eastbourne on the loco hauled Inter City. And train spotting the 47s when they went through Hampden Park....
  3. C

    Why is there now an obsession with re-nationalisation?

    I believe cost What if they got su Now look at it... I Think it's worse under companies wanting profit and nothing else .. I would much rather it was for the people ran properly under nationalisation... Im sure it can be done..it cant go on like this...
  4. C

    Why is there now an obsession with re-nationalisation?

    Sorry I don't agree, there are some politicians who are hell bent on recklessly destroying a good nationalised railway that could of worked even better if looked after and ran properly. Those services I mentioned where a success the politicians of the time who had the axe didn't care... That's...
  5. C

    Why is there now an obsession with re-nationalisation?

    Sorry I don't agree, there are some politicians who are hell bent on recklessly destroying a good nationalised railway that could of worked even better if looked after and ran properly. Those services I mentioned where a success the politicians of the time who had the axe didn't care... That's...
  6. C

    Lets have another 500 class 50s built...

    Lets have another 500 class 50s built...
  7. C

    Why is there now an obsession with re-nationalisation?

    We lost vital services that proved very useful like the red star parcel service and rail freight speedlink. Useful long haul Inter City routes like the Eastbourne to Edinburgh service was still in use by many businessman and tourists ... Then it all went with privatisation... How is that...
  8. C

    Chiltern diagrams due to landslip, 2015.

    are any of the timing you mentioned for Sundays as well. Thats the day I can get to London, Im from Dull boring Eastbourne --- old post above --- --- new post below --- are any of the timing you mentioned for Sundays as well. Thats the day I can get to London, Im from Dull boring Eastbourne
  9. C

    Chiltern diagrams due to landslip, 2015.

    im from Eastbourne and visiting a cousin who is having a suprise party, the next day is Sunday 8th, hope to see a class 68 working from Marylebone on Sunday before I have to go back that evening. Will have to play it by ear it seems reading what you have said
  10. C

    Does anyone have Newhaven Rail Freight day Timings

    Would it be possible if someone would send me the latest Day siding workings at the newhaven incinerator or link there of?

Top