Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Interesting.. has anyone else heard the change in the sound of the traction motors/battery/electrical gubins cupboard area since day one? Might be a different unit I guess but honestly I've noticed a distinct change to the sound of drive. More whiny. Maybe running in? Still loving the acceleration!
Saw 007 in the sidings closest to the Crown Point sheds at 5pm last night, so guess 010 was on its own.
17.30 Norwich to London was a 745 but couldn't confirm it was 010.
Perhaps 007 was feeling shaken not.... OK I'm going.
I'm going to have to watch The Titfield Thunderbolt again now. Are there any vintage locos in Felixstowe museum? Dan! Dan! Another 755 has failed Dan! Are you there Dan?!
The Times reports on their website Tuesday February 18th that 'Britain’s largest and oldest train factory is to be sold off to the French'.. Bombardier making our new 720's...
Do you think the 745's waiting out in the Norfolk countryside are rusting yet? I wonder how long their guarantee is. After a promising start with 007, the service seems to have fallen apart, cancellations are a real pain, and it's the big important trains too. Even the conductor for the 06.25...
I believe the first MK3s have been sent for scrapping at Sims in Wales? I noticed a 37 with a few more behind today at Norwich as well. Goodbye old friends! I've not been as sad about a train since, after six years rusted to the sidings of Ipswich yard, 47370 was hauled to the muncher back in...
I notice the 07.32 from Ipswich to LST is often waiting 4 minutes for it's departure time. Pretty impressive to have picked up so much time from Stowmarket!
One really minor problem I note is that one of the doors ends up right by the main exit door off the platform at Ipswich, and the people...
Rumour time! 5P13 to run as a 745 from next week? Is this the diagram that ends up at Orient Way overnight before changing to IP02 for the next day for the first service out of LST? Bit of layman here, but eager to learn though!
Was interested to hear calls to 'stand behind the yellow line' when 745's are dispatched from the platform at Ipswich. The speed they have achieved by the end of the platform is amazing.
Speaking as a 'large' chap myself, I can say seeing other 'large' chaps sitting on the new First Class seats looks quite funny/uncomfortable.. very sit up and beg. Also although I prefer the softness of the MK3 seats, I imagine the 745's will soften up with time. Legroom is more my issue, with...
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.