• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by captain pants

  1. captain pants

    Unfair fare evasion prosecution

    Hi everyone, thanks for all your advice on this thread. I received a letter yesterday from the Compliance Unit to tell me that they had reviewed my case and decided that I did have a valid Oyster card for the journey so no further action is being taken. It's a HUGE relief and now I can just...
  2. captain pants

    Unfair fare evasion prosecution

    Thanks cuccir. It's the suspense that's the worst part! I am hoping they will apply some discretionary leeway to my charge. I will update once I have a response.
  3. captain pants

    Unfair fare evasion prosecution

    Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention which I found REALLY weird....when the inspector was writing up my details he then looked at me and asked me how tall I was. I asked him why he needed that information and he said he needed to know my height. I refused to tell him (I was REALLY upset by this...
  4. captain pants

    Unfair fare evasion prosecution

    I don't feel that two ticket losses in 4 months marks me as a habitual offender. Habitually absent-minded, sure.
  5. captain pants

    Unfair fare evasion prosecution

    Thanks for the replies. I reported my photocard (yes it's an Oystercard!) lost the minute I got home and TfL sent me the journey history which proves my account. The inspector asked me for a valid ticket at the end of the whole thing - after I had told him what happened and gave him my details...
  6. captain pants

    Unfair fare evasion prosecution

    Wondering if anyone had some tips/experience for my problem. I travel on a weekly student over-18 Oyster photocard and lost my photocard during my regular journey from Liverpool Street Station to Walthamstow Central on the overland network last month. I only realized I didn't have my photocard...

Top