• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent content by BrooklyBay

  1. B

    Is it possible to determine the booked rolling stock type using the headcode?

    Ah! I hadn't entirely understood the meaning of diagrams! Thanks for that.
  2. B

    Is it possible to determine the booked rolling stock type using the headcode?

    Yeah some of the Sheffield to London ones are 125s as well. Thanks for the RRT tip, will see if I can deduce anything from there - I see if I search for tomorrow some do actual say "HST125" on them.
  3. B

    Is it possible to determine the booked rolling stock type using the headcode?

    Forgive the ignorance, but is there a way to find out what type of train will run a specific service? Both Meridians and 125s run on the Sheffield - London route and I'm intrigued to know which services use which train type. I've got as far as getting headcodes for the services, but don't know...
  4. B

    Discussion: Travelling on an earlier service due to a cancellation - is any refund due?

    Sorry - you mean "can only catch one that departs *afterwards* is correct right? If so, will work on my pleading face for the future!
  5. B

    Discussion: Travelling on an earlier service due to a cancellation - is any refund due?

    Related question, as this has me intrigued. Is it generally accepted that if your booked train is cancelled, but you are in the station earlier, that you can catch an alternate service before the cancelled service would have run? As an example - was travelling London > Sheffield on the recent...
  6. B

    When the ticket office just can't find the fare

    Thanks both - I was thinking that if it was on brfares then it was a ticket that is currently offered (even if in v. limited numbers/hard to find), didn't realise that it was more a list of what could be offered rather than what is offered. I'll continue my usual haphazard methods!
  7. B

    When the ticket office just can't find the fare

    Exactly - that's my issue, is there a (convenient) way to find them that I'm missing, or is it a "exhaustingly hunt them down" scenario? I suspect the latter, but would hate to be missing out!
  8. B

    When the ticket office just can't find the fare

    Hello, new here! Hadn't heard of brfares.com - been having a browse there. Once you find a particular fare there, is there any clever way to search any of the ticketing sites for that specific type of fare? Struggling to find the fares on booking sites that I find on brfares.

Top